Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless, tasteless gas that can form and accumulate inside the closed quarters of a tractor. The gas comes from the combustion of petroleum-based fuels and is nearly impossible to detect by normal human senses. For professional truck drivers, an exhaust leak or use of a space heater in a confined area are common ways CO exposure can occur. The signs of carbon monoxide poisoning include excessive fatigue, dizziness, tightness in the chest, shortness of breath, headaches, and nausea. If gone undetected, prolonged exposure could result in death.
To learn more click the link below: